Delightful Turkish coffee is well known by its making technique. A special pot called “Ibrik” is used to make it. Sugar is included during the blending procedure, not after, so there is no need of serving spoon. No need of milk or cream and sugar is optional for Turkish coffee.
Ingredients for Turkish Coffee
1 tablespoon of finely ground coffee
1 cup water
1 cardamom (or 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom, use powder for better taste experience)
Sugar as taste (optional)
1. Boil sugar and water in an Ibrik. A saucepan (smaller) will be ok if you don’t have Ibrik.
2. Remove from the heat. Now add the cardamom (or cardamom powder) and coffee and stay for approximately half to 1 minute.
3. Now put saucepan or Ibrik to heat again and boil it. When coffee foams, remove from the heat.
4. Again, back to heat, allow it to foam and then remove from the heat.
5. Pour into the cups, and let the grounds settle to the bottom of the cup. Usually it may take 1 to 2 minutes. Your coffee is ready to serve.
More Tips to make Turkish Coffee fun
- Cardamom pod can be added in the cup for extra flavor.
- Serve it with foam on the top. Remember! Do not heat after pouring into the cups otherwise the foam can disappear. This is the traditional Turkish way to serve it.
You can buy a Turkish coffee bag here on Amazon. But if you don’t want to buy it from Amazon, and if you are facing problem to find finely ground Arabic coffee, purchase a coffee bag from the nearest coffee house and ask them to grind it to make Turkish type coffee. You can even grind it at your home. All you need consistency like a powder.
Watch the YouTube video below to see the Turkish coffee recipe from a traditional Turkish lady
Some people like coffee with milk. If you fall in this category, you can watch this YouTube Video to see the Turkish coffee recipe with milk.
Please give us the feedback about your experience with Turkish coffee. Write your comments in the comment section below.