Tom Yum Goong is the classic and perhaps the most famous of the Thai soups. Here is easy and best Thai Tom Yum Goong Soup recipe and you can try it at home. This soup can also be made with chicken or any white fish.
The ingredients for Tom Yum Goong Soup are:
4 cups water
2 stalks lemongrass crushed and cut in about 2-3 lengths.
3 pieces slices galangal root (crushed)
3 pieces fresh lime leaves
12 pieces fresh shredded chili pepper
1 tablespoon tamarind paste
1 tablespoon fish sauce
300-400 grams of peeled shrimp
Half white sliced onion
2 tablespoons fried chili paste
100 g Straw Mushrooms (optional)
1 small sliced tomato (remove seeds)
1. Boil water on medium heat, then add the lemon grass, galangal, lime leaves, fish sauce and tamarind paste.
2. Then add the shrimp and let them cook for about 3 minutes.
3. Then add the onion, chili paste and mushrooms (Straw Mushrooms)
4. Cook for 6 to 7 minutes until the shrimps are cooked through.
5. Add the chili pepper and tomato and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Turn off the heat and squeeze the lime juice into the soup.
7. Add more fish sauce if needed.
8. Now, Tom Yum Goong Thai soup is ready to serve.
Watch the tom yum goong Thai soup recipe video below
Please write your comments about your experience of this delicious Thai soup. Write your words in the comment section below.