A fresh Thai Som tum papaya salad recipe for beginners. Som Tum is a salad recipe from Thai cuisine. This has a dressing of chili, garlic, fish sauce and lime juice. Som Tum will be tastier if it is eaten after an hour of preparation.
Ingredients for Som Tum Thai Papaya Salad:
1 medium papaya (preferably immature)
1 cup unsalted peanuts or cashews
Ingredients for Dressing:
2 cloves garlic
1 fresh red chili
2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh)
2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons water
1. Squeeze the garlic cloves. Cut and core the chili. Cut into small pieces. Mix with other ingredients for the dressing.
2. Peel the cucumber. Cut it and remove the seeds. Grate the papaya in a food processor or the tool you like.
3. Cut the tomatoes into thin slices. Mix with papaya in a salad bowl.
4. Pour the dressing ingredients now. Make your nuts light brown in a dry and hot pan. Add the nuts and mix them well.
5. Your Som Tum Thai Papaya Salad is ready to eat. It is recommended to leave it for one hour before serving.
Actually, it should be unripe papaya, but it may well be replaced by cucumbers. The cucumbers should be peeled and cut into thin slices.
Good to know when you change the number of servings
Adjust the amount of ingredients if you are changing the number of servings.
Watch the Som Tum Recipe video below
Keep commenting and give your feedback to us. Write your comment below about your experience with this Thai papaya salad recipe.