Sweet and sour chicken is chicken dish from Chinese cuisine. Although it is belongs to the food hub (china) but it is famous all around the world especially in United States of America. The recipe below is for 4 servings.
More Lunch Ideas:
Lebanese Kibbeh Nayyeh
Arabic Pita Bread
Indian Chicken Biryani
Peking Roasted Duck
Chinese Chow Mein
Baked Fish Recipe-Lemon baked salmon with mashed potatoes
Sushi Rice Rolls (Japanese Rice)
Paella Rice (Spanish Rice)
Indian Chicken Curry
Chicken fillets 3
Corn flour 1 tbsp
Cooking oil 3 tbsp
Red onion 1
Garlic 2 cloves
Red pepper 1
Fresh ginger 1 tbsp
Sliced pineapple 1 jar
Vinegar 2 tbsp
Sugar 1 tbsp
Ketchup 1 tbsp
Soya 1 tbsp
broth from pineapple
Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe Instructions:
1. Slice the red onion, dice the peppers and share scallions lengthwise. Chop the garlic.
2. Cut the chicken into small pieces, turning them into cornstarch. Heat oil in a large frying pan or wok. Fry the chicken golden and lift it out of the pan.
3. Stir fry vegetables and pineapple for couple of minutes.
4. Add vinegar, sugar, ketchup and soya.
5. Dilute with pineapple broth. Season with soy sauce and pepper and possibly more sugar.
6. Add the chicken and let it boil for a while.
7. Serve with jasmine rice or noodles.
Tip: This recipe can vary with mutton, beef, minute steak and squid.
If you did not get the recipe very well, you can see this in this video. Click to watch the video.
Make Chinese Sweet and Sour Chicken for your family members and kids too. Do not forget to comment below after tasting it. Give your feedback please.