Spanish Fried Milk is the wonderful Spanish dessert. It is worth to try if you want to try something new today. Fried Milk is a cool and firm milk pudding. Ideal for any age group and any occasion. It is called “leche frita” in Spanish language. Let’s get started.
Serves = 8
Ingredients for Spanish Fried Milk Recipe
3 cups of milk
Half cup of cornstarch
1⁄4 teaspoon of grated lemon
Half cup of granulated sugar
1 tablespoon of butter or 1 tablespoon of margarine
1⁄4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
3⁄4 cup of plain bread crumbs
2 eggs (well beaten)
Vegetable oil for frying (Quantity of oil is depended on the frying pan size)
1/3 cup of powdered sugar (optional)
1 small cinnamon stick (optional, break into small pieces)
A tray having 8*8*2 dimensions is needed to refrigerate
1. Take a medium saucepan and add nutmeg, cornstarch, cinnamon and granulated sugar. Mix the ingredients very well.
2. Add milk and stir.
3. Now turn the heat on and boil over medium heat stirring continuously. When it comes to boil for the first time, keep boiling for the next 1 minute and remove the pan from heat.
4. Now add lemon peel and butter in it.
5. Now spread the liquid in your baking dish or tray. Refrigerate it for 3 hours minimum. Do not cover it and make it cool uncovered.
6. When your custard become firm, cut your custard into 2-inche squares. Use a wet knife for this.
7. Now dip these squares into beaten eggs one by one, then coat with bread crumbs.
8. Now heat your vegetable oil. Drop 2 to 3 squares at a time in oil. Fry them for 1 to 2 minutes or until light brown. After frying, place them on paper towel.
9. Sprinkle the powdered sugar on it. This is an optional step.
10. You are done. Your tasty and mouthwatering Spanish Fried Milk is ready to serve.
Watch Fried Milk Recipe YouTube video by Very Easy Recipes below
That’s it. Thanks for giving your precious time to this page. Please write your own experience (variation or your own version) in the comment section below. Try this delicious traditional dessert today at your home and be an ideal Mom….