Peking Roasted Duck Recipe is from the Chinese cuisine. It is a minor and easy procedure to prepare Peking duck at home, but well worth it. The crispy dish is famous among the Chinese cuisine fans. Traditionally it is served with Mandarin pancakes and vegetables.
More Lunch Ideas:
Lebanese Kibbeh Nayyeh
Arabic Pita Bread
Indian Chicken Biryani
Chinese Chow Mein
Baked Fish Recipe-Lemon baked salmon with mashed potatoes
Sushi Rice Rolls (Japanese Rice)
Paella Rice (Spanish Rice)
Indian Chicken Curry
Chinese Sweet and Sour Chicken
Ingredients for Peking Roasted Duck
1 duck, about 2 1/2 kg
2 tablespoons honey
3 cups warm water
1.7 liters of boiling water
4 small leeks (blanched)
1 large cucumber (shredded)
30 mandarin pancakes
1. Add the duck in a colander. Scald it with boiling water, turn it several times so that it is evenly scalded. Shake off the excess water, but leave moisture, place in a large bowl.
2. Melt the honey in the warm water. Pour honey mixture over the skin, including the wings, neck and rump. Pour the mixture back again and do the same thing. Brush the parts that are hard to reach with the mixture.
3. Tie a string around the bird and hang it in an airy place for 20 hours to dry skin. This will make it crispy.
4. Preheat oven to 175 °. Add the duck breast up, on a rack in a roasting pan. Place in the oven and pour hot water into the pan.
5. After about 20 minutes, the skin has become golden brown. Turn the duck carefully and fry the other side for 25 minutes, then flip again and cook for 20 minutes.
6. Lower the heat when the color starts to get dark. Then move it to a rack to cool for 5 minutes before being cut.
7. Pour the meat juices inside the duck just before it is to be cut up. Loosen the breasts and thighs from the hull with a sharp knife. Cut the skin into square pieces with 5 cm sides. Cut the meat in the same way. Add meat and skin on a warm serving dish.
To serve: Place a pancake on your plate, pour a little hoisin sauce, place the duck, add the cucumber and leeks and roll up. Enjoy your traditional crispy roasted Peking duck.
Watch the video below to see the recipe visually
What was your experience with this roasted Peking duck recipe, write down below.