Pad Thai is a classic Thai noodle dish which is served with chicken. Chicken fillet (or shrimps), rice noodles, carrots, peppers and bean sprouts are some of the ingredients in this dish and gives the best taste with other ingredients like fish sauce and lime. This is an easy, simple, tasty and healthy recipe and you can try this at home.
Ingredients for Pad Thai Recipe:
250 g rice noodles
2 cloves garlic
1 or 2 red chilies
3 to 4 scallions (spring onion)
400 g bean sprouts
2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
Juice of 1 lime
2 tablespoons sugar
400 g of chicken (or prawns optional)
1 tablespoon neutral oil
1/2 tsp salt
Ingredients for serving:
1/2 – 4/5 cup chopped peanuts
1 lime into wedges
1. Boil salted water in a large saucepan.
2. Now add the noodles and let them boil until soft, but has a slightly chewy left. Drain and add fresh, cold water and put aside.
3. Peel and chop the garlic. Core the chili. Peel and shred the carrot. Clean and shred the spring onions (scallions). Let the bean sprouts, drained in a colander. Mix the fish sauce, lime juice and sugar in a bowl. Shred the chicken. (If you chose prawns, just boil them).
4. Fry the garlic, chili, carrot and chicken in oil for about 3 minutes in a wok or large frying pan. Season with salt. Add the bean sprouts and half of the scallions.
5. Reduce the heat and crack an egg at a time in the pan. Stir while the eggs solidify. Add the noodles, to the pan and stir. Add the fish sauce mixture and mix well. Let everything be hot.
6. Your Pad Thai is ready to eat. Serve with chopped peanuts, the rest of the scallions and lime wedges.
Remember: Small children can put them in the throat.
Note: Feel free to add some more fish sauce for more saltiness.
Note 2: Change the amount of ingredients if you want to change the number of serving.
Watch the YouTube video below for Pad Thai Recipe
Write your experience with Pad Thai Noodles in the comments section below.