Have a look on Khao Tom Recipe. It is a simple Thai breakfast rice soup that you can have on the table in no time. The Khao tom Thai rice soup is delicious as a snack and is best for breakfast before going to work.
Why eat more or less the same breakfast day by day? Here’s something new worth trying, works equally well on a hot day with a hangover or frozen Sunday morning.
More Breakfast Ideas:
Ingredients for Khao Tom Thai Salmon and Rice Soup
4 servings of steamed jasmine rice
8 cups water
1 1/2 fish stock cube
300-400 g salmon fillet
2 thin slices galangal
1 tsp light soy sauce
2 stalks scallions
1 stalk Chinese celery
2 sprigs fresh coriander
2 cloves garlic
1-2 tablespoons cooking oil
1. Shock galangal in a mortar or grate them finely.
2. Boil the water and add the bouillon cubes, galangal and soy.
3. Cut the salmon into 2 cm cubes.
4. Place the salmon in the broth and simmer until fully cooked. Season with white pepper.
5. Chop the onions, celery and cilantro. Set aside until serving.
6. Chop the garlic finely and fry golden brown in oil.
7. Divide the rice into four soup plates or bowls. Pour the broth and distribute the fish pieces. Sprinkle with garlic oil, celery, coriander and spring onions. Serve.
Watch the video below to have a better and clearer idea for Khao tom recipe