Safa recipes presents French chocolate éclair recipe. It is easy to make and hard to resist. Éclair is the originated from France and is famous all over the world for its taste and look. Now move towards the best éclair recipe ever. Let’s get started.
More Breakfast Ideas:
Ingredients for French Chocolate Éclair Recipe:
½ vanilla bean (cut / split lengthwise)
2 cups of milk (recommended 1 or 2 percent fat milk)
1 tablespoon butter (cold and unsalted)
¼ cup of cornstarch
2/3 cups of sugar
Egg yolks 6
Half teaspoon salt
3 to 4 eggs
1 and half teaspoons of sugar
8 tablespoons of unsalted butter
1 cup of water
1 cup of flour (all purpose)
1 and half teaspoons of water
4 ounces of chopped semisweet chocolate
Half cup of heavy cream
1. Boil the vanilla bean and milk on a medium heat in a medium sized saucepan. After boiling, remove instantly from heat and set aside for 15 minutes.
2. Whisk sugar and egg yolks in a bowl until fluffy. Now add cornstarch and mix strongly to remove all the lumps.
3. Now add ¼ cup of hot milk mixture and mix it very well. After mixing all the ingredients, now add remaining hot milk mixture.
4. Now transfer this mixture through a strainer into the saucepan. Cook at medium to high heat. Don’t forget to mixing and whisking constantly. Keep the process going until you get thick and slowly boiling mixture.
5. Now remove the saucepan from the heat and stir it in the butter. After stirring, let it gently cool.
6. Cover it with a plastic sheet / wrap. Press the sheet very gently to avoid the marks of skin.
7. Let it cool for 2 hours or until ready.
Make custard 24 hours before use. Refrigerate it until 1 hour before using.
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Add sugar, salt, butter and water in a large saucepan and boil it over high heat. After boiling, remove the pan from heat.
3. Now add your flour in it while stirring with a wooden spoon. Stir until the mixture mixes very well.
4. Now return it to the heat and stir for another 30 seconds to 1 minute.
5. There is a choice to use a hand mixer or to use a mixer having a paddle attached to it. We recommend mixture, but you can use a hand mixer if you don’t have any. Now come to the point, while mixing, add 3 eggs one after one. Mix until you get the smooth dough. The dough should be a little bit thick. It should fall slowly if you lift it up from the bowl.
Use large plain tip on a pastry bag and make fat lengths of your dough on baking sheet. Make sure to have 2 to 3 inches space between them. Make lengths of the size and shape like a jumbo hot dog. You will have 8 to 10 equal lengths.
1. Whisk the water and eggs in a medium bowl.
2. Now, brush your éclairs with the mixture made in the above-mentioned step.
3. Bake the éclairs for 15 minutes and then decrease the ovens heat to 375 degrees and bake until you get the light brown surface. This can take 20 to 30 minutes more. Let it cool on baking sheet.
4. Use your finger tip of your index finger and make a hole in the end of your eclairs. Now with the help of a pastry bag equipped with medium sized tip, fill the custard into the eclairs.
Just fill eclairs in. Don’t stuff them full.
1. Heat the cream on light to medium heat in a small saucepan. When it came to boil, turn off the heat.
2. Put your chocolate in a medium bowl and add hot cream. Keep whisking until smooth.
You can make the glaze 2 days before use. Refrigerate it and when you need to use it, just rewarm it in the oven.
3. Now dip the tops of your eclairs in hot chocolate glaze. Don’t cover it and chill for minimum 60 minutes.
Congratulations, your French chocolate eclairs are ready to eat. Serve chilled and enjoy.
Watch the YouTube video below by Laura to have a better idea for how to make eclairs at home.
Thanks for your time you gave us. Try this recipe at your home today and do not forget to write your comments in the comment section below. If you have your own version or variation, please mention in the comments. Thanks a lot.