Wonderful chow mein noodles from Chinese cuisine which is well-known all around the world due to its taste and appealing appearance. Easy to cook and can be varied according to taste. Have the vegetables you like and skip the chicken if you want it vegetarian. You can add beef instead of chicken if you want beef chow mein. No experienced chef is required for it, anyone can make it at home.
6 servings of chow mein noodles with chicken
More Lunch Ideas:
Lebanese Kibbeh Nayyeh
Arabic Pita Bread
Indian Chicken Biryani
Peking Roasted Duck
Baked Fish Recipe-Lemon baked salmon with mashed potatoes
Sushi Rice Rolls (Japanese Rice)
Paella Rice (Spanish Rice)
Indian Chicken Curry
Chinese Sweet and Sour Chicken
Ingredients for Chow Mein Noodles
500 g of chicken
2 finely chopped garlic cloves
About 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
½ leek or 1 onion
½ salad bowl or a piece of white cabbage
1 large head broccoli
800 g of egg noodles
Ingredients for Chow Mein Soy sauce:
0.5 cups of soy
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
3 tablespoons sweet soy sauce or 1.5 tablespoons sugar
1.5 tsp sesame oil
1. Boil water and add the noodles. Let them lie there for about 5-6 minutes, they should be soft with a little bite. Strain and set aside.
2. Chop the vegetables, cook the broccoli (it should be chewy) and strain.
3. Cut the chicken into pieces.
4. Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a large pan, fry the garlic and ginger. Add chicken and cook, stirring, until the pieces are cooked through.
5. Now add the vegetables (cabbage, carrots and broccoli) and cook, stirring. Stir until the vegetables become soft.
6. Add the noodles with the vegetables and fry for about 2 minutes.
7. Mix all the ingredients for soy sauce in a bowl and then mix the sauce with the noodles. Do not pour it all at once, taste your way so it will not be too salty. Let the sauce and other ingredients be mixed for a while (3 to 5 minutes) and keep stirring.
8. Your easy and simple chow mein is ready to eat. Serve the noodles immediately.
TIP: Sesame oil may be flavored in small doses because it can easily take over the taste.
TIP 2: Most vegetables work best to be added to the noodles. You can for example have the peas, haricotverts, peppers, mushrooms and baby corn. Choose freely and mix to taste.
NOTE: Sauce ingredients are found in most large supermarkets and in almost all Asian grocery stores.