The chicken tikka recipe is not a difficult. Anyone can make it at home with ease. Chicken tikka belongs to the South Asian cuisine and is undoubtedly famous in Pakistan, India and Bangladesh as well. Easy to make and best BBQ for outdoor cooking.
INGREDIENTS FOR CHICKEN TIKKA:
Chicken tikka pieces 8
Yogurt 1/2 cup
Ginger garlic paste 2 tablespoon
Green chili paste 1/2 teaspoon
Ground spices powder (garam masala powder) 1/2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Meat tenderizer powder 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin powder 1/2 teaspoon
Lemon juice 2 tablespoon
Red chili powder 1 tablespoon
Red food color 1/8 teaspoon
Orange food color 1/8 teaspoon
Oil for glaze
1. Mark slits in chicken. It is an important step to make chicken tikka. Don’t skip this step.
2. In a bowl, yogurt, ginger garlic paste, green chili paste and lemon juice.
3. Now add red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, salt, cumin powder, red food color and orange food color.
4. Mix all the ingredients very well.
5. Now coat this mixture on chicken evenly. After coating all the pieces of chicken, place all the pieces in the bowl in which you mixed the ingredients.
6. Cover and leave it in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 hours. For better results, cover it for overnight.
7. Take out of the fridge 30 minutes before you grill the chicken.
8. Grill it for 15 to 20 minutes or chicken is well cooked inside out. While grilling, polish your chicken tikka with oil frequently for juicy taste.
9. Your chicken tikka is ready to eat. Serve with coriander sauce, or any kind of sauce you like.
Watch the chicken tikka recipe video below
Please give us your feedback about your experience with chicken tikka. Write your comments in the comment section below.