Biscotti is an Italian biscuit. These are the crispy and crunchy almond flavored cookies. It is famous in Italy and originated from the city of Prato. This is known as “Cantuccini” in Italy too. Perfect for breakfast and high tea. Let’s see biscotti recipe.
More Breakfast Ideas:
Ingredients for Biscotti Recipe
100 g butter, unsalted
3 cups granulated sugar
3 Pcs eggs
8 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 pinch of salt
1 teaspoon cardamom seeds
50 g almonds, blanched and chopped
Beaten egg for brushing
1. Heat the oven to 200 degrees.
2. Stir the unsalted butter and sugar until well blended. It’s fine in the food processor.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time and mix well.
4. Stir together the dry ingredients and the almonds and mix to a smooth dough.
5. Roll the dough into a ball and divide it into four parts.
6. Roll the pieces into rolls that you put on sheet and flatten into rectangles about 2 centimeters thick and 5 cm wide.
7. Brush with beaten egg and bake in middle of oven about 30 minutes.
8. Reduce heat to 125 degrees.
9. Let it cool for 5 minutes before cutting them into about 2 centimeters thick pieces across.
10. Place them on a wire rack and allow to dry in the oven for about 20 minutes.
If you did not get the Biscotti recipe very well, you can watch the video below to have a better look and learning.