Biryani is undoubtedly a famous and liked dish in South Asia, especially in the subcontinent. It is a rice dish usually made with spices, vegetables and chicken or meat as well.
Ingredients for Biryani Recipe
800 g chicken without skin and bones
2 cups chopped fresh mint
2 cups chopped fresh cilantro
Juice of 1 large lime
1 tsp turmeric
1-2 tsp chopped dried chili
2 tsp curry paste
2 tsp salt
1 cup plain yogurt
Seeds of 2 cardamom
3 tbsp sunflower oil
4 cups basmati rice
3 pc bay leaves
1 tablespoon cooking oil
3 tablespoons milk
1 cup raisins
1 cup unpeeled almonds
1 or 2 pinch Saffron (the quantity which can change the color of rice)
1. First marinate the chicken. This should preferably be done the day before. Cut the chicken into large fine pieces and place in a bowl.
2. Grind the cardamom seeds and sprinkle them over the chicken. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Let stand in the refrigerator overnight or for at least three hours before cooking.
1. Soak the rice for one hour in cold water. Make a layer of marinated chicken on the bottom of a heavy saucepan with 1 tablespoon oil.
2. Boil at least two liters of water and season the water with the bay leaf, salt and some oil. Boil the soaked rice in about 4 minutes, until it is almost finished. Lift up the rice from the water and place it in an even and fine layer of chicken.
3. Dissolve saffron in milk and spooning out this over the rice so that about half of the rice turns yellow and beautiful. Add raisins and almonds on top. Put a tightly fitting lid on the pot.
4. If the lid does not fit tightly loans they make a simple dough of flour and water that is on the edge of the lid. Subsequently, preferably a weight on the lid when it is cooked on the stove.
5. Set the pan on the stove over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Then turn the heat down to the lowest possible and let everything stand and take the heat for another ten minutes before serving.
Your easy chicken Biryani is ready to eat.
Watch the video below to learn the Biryani recipe from another expert
Please write down below about your experience with this chicken Biryani. Have a nice day.