Baklava is a sweet and rich pastry made with layers of walnuts, almonds and pistachios. A delicious dessert from Turkish cuisine. The recipe we are going to tell you below can make 35 pieces of Baklava.
Servings: 35 pieces
Ingredients for Baklava Recipe
200 g walnuts
100 g pistachios
100 g almonds
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
250 g of Filo
½ cup of lemon juice
4 cups granulated sugar
4 cups water
Note: Honey can be used instead of above mentioned syrup to make the recipe more simple and easy.
1. Preheat the oven to 150 ° C.
2. Mix the nuts and almonds in a food processor. It’ll be a bit mixed, both fine and rough. Mix the sugar, cinnamon and vanilla sugar.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan. Brush an ovenproof dish, 20×30 cm, with a bit of butter. Place a sheet of filo on the dish, just on the bottom (cut or trim the excess dough) Brush the dough with the butter. Repeat with 3 more sheets. Spread half of the filling evenly over the dough.
4. Lay another 4 sheets of filo and brush with butter between each sheet. Add the rest of the filling evenly over the dough.
5. Cover with the last 3 sheets of dough and brush with butter between each and the top sheet of dough.
6. Cut the squares into the unbaked pie.
7. Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes.
8. (Syrup): Squeeze the lemon. Mix the lemon juice, sugar and water in a saucepan. Let it boil vigorously for about 15 minutes. In some regions, honey is used instead of this syrup. So, the choice is up to you.
9. Spoon the hot syrup (or honey) over the freshly baked cake. Let it cool. Then keep the mold in the refrigerator for one day so that the baklava get really cold before they are unloaded from the mold. Your baklava dessert is ready to eat.
Adding orange blossom water or rose water can enhance the taste of baklava.
This will make 35 pieces of baklava, if you want to increase or decrease the number of pieces, you’ll have to manipulate the amount of ingredients and time to cook.
Watch the YouTube video below for this tasty dessert recipe
You can purchase the filo sheets from the super stores. But if you want to make them at home, watch the video below for filo sheets recipe.
Please give us your feedback and taste experience with baklava. Write your thoughts in the comments section below.