Bagna Cauda relates to the Italian cuisine. This lovely dish has been eaten in the autumn and winter months, especially on the Christmas and New Year. Its recipe varies by the different part of Italy. The bagna cauda recipe is being presented here do not contain cream. But some regions in the Italy enjoy this sauce with cream. You can have that creamy recipe by clicking here. Any ways, let’s get moving towards the bagna cauda sauce recipe without cream.
Ingredients for Bagna Cauda Sauce
1 and a quarter cup of extra virgin olive oil
5 whole garlic cloves
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
100 g of anchovies
1. Heat the olive oil on medium heat in a pan.
2. Chop the garlic very well or grind on mortar and passel. (See the tip below to chop the garlic)
3. Add the garlic and butter in the pan and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes.
4. Chop anchovies on cutting board or grind on mortar and passel.
5. Now add anchovies and cook for about 30 minutes on very low heat. Don’t let the garlic burn.
6. Your Bagna Cauda is ready to serve. Take this with raw, boiled or roasted vegetables.
Tip to chop the garlic
Here is a tip for chopping garlic. If you take some grains of salt and put it over the garlic and leave it for a while, the salt will start to melt on the garlic. It will be easier for you to move your knife here and there across the cutting boards without garlic going everywhere on the board.
To have a better and clearer idea about the bagna cauda recipe, watch the video below