Baba means father in Arabic and translated into Ganoush flirty. So yes, a flirty Dad.
Baba Ganoush is a popular dip, gladly served as an appetizer. The main ingredient in a Baba Ganoush is eggplant, flavored with various herbs, spices and flavors.
Baba Ganoush and hummus is pretty much like brothers who could agree on anything except girls. If you replace the chickpeas in hummus with eggplant, the result is a silky smooth, tangy dip that you can enjoy.
Like the hummus, Baba Ghanoush is the dip that can be eaten either separately or as a side dish.
A lovely and authentic Baba ganoush recipe. You can make the delicious sauce by adding eggplants, garlic, mint, cumin and tahini. Baba Ganoush is an appealing dip from the Lebanese/Arabic Cuisine. The tasty dip is perfect to serve with warm pita!
Ingredients for Baba Ganoush Recipe
3 medium sized eggplants
1 cup olive oil
3 cloves garlic
1 red chili
8-10 leaves of mint
1 teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon tahini (optional, click here to see how to make Tahini)
Salt and pepper as taste
1. Preheat the oven to 175 ° C.
2. Cut off the stem end of the eggplants, split them lengthwise and cut slits in the flesh.
3. Put them on a plate with purple side down and white side up and drizzle over half the olive oil. Put the plate in the oven for about 30 minutes.
4. Peel and roughly chop the garlic. Cut chili lengthwise and roughly chop. Pick the mint leaves.
5. Scoop out the eggplant flesh with a spoon, mix eggplant with garlic, chili, mint, cumin and tahini.
6. Stir the mixture until the Baba Ganoush sauce became light brown.
Season with salt, pepper and a little lemon juice. Serve with warm pita bread.
The above mentioned Baba Ganoush recipe can serve 4 people. If you want to change the number of serving, you’ll have to adjust the amount of ingredients and time of cooking as well.
Watch the YouTube video below to see the Baba Ganoush recipe
That was the oven baked recipe. If you want fire roasted or grilled recipe, see the video below.
Please share your memories regarding Baba Ganoush sauce. Write your comments in the comment section below.